Sunday, August 7, 2011

Chocolate Chip Cookies - Rich, Thick & CHEWY!

I love chocolate chip cookies.  I love them with c-chip cookies with oatmeal, mixed with other chocolates, but most of all I love them with lots and lots of CHOCOLATE!




This is an awesome recipe because it doesn’t produce an insanely large amount of cookies (15 normal size or 12 large).  This is good, as this recipe is so delicious that I probably would eat them all.
The recipe also works out well because you probably have all these ingredients in your pantry.
You’ll need:
  •       4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, softened

  •       6 tablespoons white sugar

  •       6 tablespoons packed brown sugar

  •       1/4 teaspoon salt

  •       1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  •       
1 egg

  •       1 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour

  •       1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  •       1 cup of chocolate chunks or chips (I always use 1 and ¼ cups but I really love chocolate)



1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
2. In a medium bowl, using an electric mixer, beat the butter, sugars, salt, and vanilla until well combined.

3. Beat in the egg. Scrape down the bowl using a rubber spatula and beat for a few more seconds.
4. In a small bowl, whisk together the flour and baking soda. Add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture and mix on low speed just until absorbed.

5. Combine the chocolate chips or chunks into a small bowl and stir into the dough.
6.  Shape the dough into 1 to 1 1/2 inch balls and drop them about 3 inches apart onto baking sheets
(I use often use a baking sheet I got from the William Sonoma outlet.. which if you haven’t been to the WS outlet, it is AWESOME)
7. Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until edges are golden.
8. Let sit for 5 minutes, then transfer to wire racks to cool completely

Note: I bake my cookies at the minimum required time. If you over bake the cookies they obviously wont be chewy. I just like soft and doughy cookies better than crispy…. Although I probably wouldn’t turn down a crispy cookie regardless :)

Cooking Schedule (on my oven at least)
9 minutes = extra doughy
10 minutes = doughy
11 minutes = soft & chewy!
12 minutes = chewy
13 minutes = crispy

I had my cookies on two separate pans and I baked them for 11 and 13 minutes. (I was giving this batch away, so I wanted a combination of crispy and chewy).  Next time, I will definitely only do 11 minutes… they were PERFECT!

I found this recipe from erincooks. Her blog is awesomely delicious!  Check it out 




Signing Out!
-Domesticated Duchess

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the great recipe! Love the small batch option!

    ReplyDelete