Anyway - I made these delicious oatmeal chocolate chip cookies for a coworker's office baby shower! They were quite the hit, and a hit for me because they were so easy to make!
1 stick of butter (at room temp)
6 tablespoons of sugar
1/2 cup of brown sugar
1 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/4 cup of oats (I use quick oats, but you can use rolled)
3/4 cup of flour
1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
1 cup of chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 340 (I found 350 made mine to crispy)
2. In a medium bowl beat butter (at room temp), sugar, and vanilla. Beat in egg. Slowly add in the oats.
3. Add dry ingredients on low speed, until just mixed.
4. Finally add in the chocolate chips. I mixed mine by hand.
5. Shape dough into 1 to 1.5 inch balls and drop them onto cookie sheets (with either a baking sheet or parchment paper). Using the back of a spoon (or your hand) slightly flatten out the top of each cookie.
6. Bake for 10-12 minutes (these cook FAST so watch them!)
7. Makes 15-18 cookies!