Sunday, April 15, 2012

Deviled Eggs

Deviled Eggs are the perfect holiday appetizer - which I never grew up eating (not even during Thanksgiving)!  Fortunately, deviled eggs are part of a my husband's family tradition and, I've quickly made up for all those lost years. 

If you are looking for another easy holiday appetizer, my mother-in-law introduced me to a delicious, easy cheese ball and is always a party pleaser!


You'll Need:
12 eggs
1/2 cup of mayo
2 tsp sweet pickle juice (just the juice, not the pickles!)
1/4 tsp salt
2 tsp of mustard
Cumin (optional)

Step-by-step:
1. Hard boil eggs, cut in half. Remove yolks from hard boiled eggs
2. Mash up yolks using fork
3. Add the rest of the ingredients together with yolks
4. Spoon mixture back into the eggs
5. If you like cumin, feel free to sprinkle on top here. 
6. Serve cool

Makes 24!


-DD

2 comments:

  1. Hi Marina,

    I love a good deviled egg and these look delish! I would like to invite you to share this, and any other posts you would like to, at my link party at www.michellestastycreations.blogspot.com. Have a great week.

    Hugs,
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like my Mom's receipe.She sprinkle a little paprika on each deviled egg. I had lost my Mom's receipe and I'm glad you shared this.

    ReplyDelete