Monday, September 9, 2013

Colorwash Bathroom Wall Art

I was feeling a bit inspired to add some art to my master bathroom.  We had a large empty space, in the wall above our tub and I wanted to do something to fill the space and was fitting for an otherwise unglamorous room.  I love white in bathrooms because it just looks so clean, and feels relaxing!

This mini-project was so incredibly easy and made a difference in adding some decor to our otherwise empty wall!  I chose to white wash, but you could easily have each one a different color, or you could have two sets of coordinating canvas.

You'll need:

  • 4 square canvas (I used 10x10, but 8x8 would be perfect)
  • Wood letters
  • Wood glue (and tiny paint brush)
  • Spray paint 
  • Museum puddy to help keep them on the wall


Step-by-step:
1. Layout all the goods and place the letters on the canvas.  For the bathroom I chose the worlds "BATH RELAX CLEAN WASH"
2. Carefully using wood glue and a tiny paint brush, glue on letters.
3.  Let letters sit for 15 minutes.
4. Put a drop cloth or old newspaper and spray paint the ENTIRE canvas (letter and board).  Don't forget to paint the sides and bottom!
5.  After the paint dries, carefully measure out how you want your frames setup.
6.  I wanted mine in a perfect square, so I cut out 4 10x10 pieces of paper so I could put the nails in the exact spot.  After I hung up the pictures, I also added some museum puddy on each corner to ensure they didn't move.


I had everything on hand, except the canvas - so my project was pretty cost effective AND I love it!

Hope you find a way to decorate this too - kids bathrooms, hallways, even an office!   I think in our guest bathroom I may get a large crosses and do the same thing, in white and brown (to match the guest bath decor!)

-DD

4 comments:

  1. I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this article. I am hoping the same best work from you in the future as well. Thanks... wall prints

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice post! This is a very nice blog that I will definitively come back to more times this year! Thanks for informative post.괴산출장샵
    음성출장샵
    단양출장샵
    담양출장샵
    공성출장샵

    ReplyDelete
  3. mini split AC is a great way to get your home's air temperature right. It's a little box or car that you put in the wall or door and it gets energy from the sun or from an electrical outlet. And it does this by splitting the energy of the two types of light, light energy or dark energy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect for DIY enthusiasts looking to renovate their homes. Oregon

    ReplyDelete