I love M&M cookies! Growing up, my grandma in Florida would always make some around Christmas time using the red and green packs. This is her amazing recipe that makes me nostalgic over dreaming of reindeers and spending time with family.
1 cup sugar
1 cup of packed brown sugar
2/3 cup of shortenng
2/3 cups of butter (about 11 tablespoons)
2 teaspoons of vanilla
1 teaspoon of salt
1 teaspoon of baking soda
2 3/4 cups of flour
2 1/4 cups of M&Ms (if you buy a 'large' bag of M&Ms you will have some extra)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Combine sugar, butter and shortening in a bowl. Mix until smooth.
3. Add eggs and vanilla and beat in.
4. Stir in salt, baking soda and slowly add in flour (I generally add flour in 1/2 cup increments).
5. Slowly fold in the candies
6. Drop rounded spoonfuls onto an ungreased cookie sheet and bake for about 10-11 minutes, until the edges start to get brown. Do not overcook!
Makes about 4-5 dozen cookies.
- ▼ 2012 (69)