Monday, April 23, 2012

Easy-Cheesy Cheese Ball

Whether hosting a Christmas party, or a football game this ridiculously easy cheese ball is too good to not make.  This is my mother-in-law's recipe, and boy is it good.  The first time I had it was during during Thanksgiving, we had a bunch of finger foods before we sat down for the evening meal.

My two brothers probably ate half of the ball, my husband and brother-in-law ate the other half.  It was soooo delicious, that I knew I needed the recipe.

Here's what you need:
  • 1 - 1oz package of Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing (in my experience, this brand tastes best)
  • 2/3 or 3/4 cup of mayonnaise 
  • 1 - 8 oz cream cheese (I use Neufchatel, 1/3 less fat)
  • 8 oz shredded cheddar cheese (I use the 2% kind, just to cut down a bit on fat)
  • Slivered almonds

Step-by-step:
1. Mix the hidden valley ranch, mayo, cream cheese, and cheddar cheese very well in a bowl
2. When completely mixed, form into a ball
3. Wrap in clear wrap and put in fridge for 30 minutes
4. Unwrap the ball and roll the slivered almonds around the entire ball
5. Serve with Harvest Wheat flavored crackers or Special K multi grain crackers.

Enjoy!


-Domesticated Duchess

No comments:

Post a Comment