Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Homemade All Natural Eye-Makeup Remover

WHOA - This post is popular!  I guess I'm not the only eye-makeup junkie.  Click here to read my makeup brush cleaner. 

I adore eyeshadow. I love eyeliner.  Mascara is my best friend.  That being said, I use a lot of eye-makeup remover.  I used to use the Clinique eye-makeup remover for $17 a bottle!  That seemed pretty high, and since I go through it like it's going out of style, it hits the wallet hard.

I began searching for all natural/organic homemade eye makeup remover.  I tweaked a concoction to perfection based off one I found on pinterest.  


Easy!
This makeup remover is nongreasy, and gets the job done! The only thing is you must shake it up before each use!


You'll need:
1 cup of distilled water (be sure to use distilled!)
1/2 teaspoons of Dr. Bronner's unscented baby-mild liquid castile soap (I found mine at Whole Foods, but you can buy it on their website!)
1 1/4 teaspoons of olive oil
Small containers with lid (I bought two travel sized containers from Target)

Step-by-step:
1. Pour ingredients into container with lid
2. Shake well!
3. Put into small container using a funnel.


It works!

Talk about saving money!!! I bough distilled water for 99 cents, and the soap for under $6 after tax.  I already had olive oil.  Basically, I could make over 1 gallon of this stuff on less than $7!  That's WAY less than Clinique!

Squeaky Clean!
-Domesticated D

3 comments:

  1. have you considered substituting the olive oil for coconut oil? Better scent and better for the skin:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the great post. I was using a make up remover from Bath and Body works that I loved. They recently discontinued it and I have been searching and trying every make-up remover under the sun. They are all so darn greasy. I am so excited to give this a try!!:)

    ReplyDelete