A few hours later I was pinning and came across Sally's Baking Addiction and her cookies made me melt. I just knew those were the cookies I had been missing in my life. It was fate. I had to make them. And since I was hosting one of my best friend's bridal shower in one week - I had to just hold out one week.
1 1/2 sticks of butter, softened
1 cup of packed brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup sugar
1 egg + 1 egg yolk, room temperature
2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
2 cups + 2 tablespoons of all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup of chopped pretzels
1/2 cup of your favorite chocolate chips
1/2 cup of butterscotch chips
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees
2. Using a stand mixer, cream butter and sugars together until smooth.
3. Add egg and egg yolk, and vanilla - mix well.
4. Mix in the baking soda, and very slowly (1/2 cup increments) add the flour.
5. Fold in the chips and pretzels.
6. Chill the doug in the fridge for 10-15 minutes (how patient can you be?)
7. On an ungreased baking sheet or slipmat, bake for 10 minutes.
Keep dough chilled at all times, so keep the dough in the fridge between batches. I feel like Sally and her beautiful blog know what's up so I made sure to follow directions
Sally also encourages to swap out any of the mix-ins as long as you do not go over 1 1/2 cups. But I'm so loving this combination, I think I can't switch!
Thanks again Sally for your amazing recipe! You rock!!