Sunday, September 2, 2012

Bridal Shower Fun!

One of my friends - Emily - is getting married in December!  I cannot wait - I just need to make sure I can still fit into my bridesmaid dress after eating so many cookies!!



I hosted (with help from my mom) a bridal shower for her over Labor day weekend!  Our moms are also great friends, so it was a really good time!  Since the shower was from 2-5, we had light snacks (sandwiches, fruit trey, veggie trey, 1 dip) and cake!  For drinks it was lemonade, iced-tea, and coffee!


Drinks Table!  Balloons hidden in back
Cake & Food Table! 
To start off, we made some lacy wedding invitations - complete with some envelopes also with lace!



Pretty!

Then, I had a craft day with my mom to make this wreath!  It was really easy, we bought everything at Hobby Lobby.  

The wreath was about $6, then we bought a bouquet of flowers for about $12, the letters were $1.99 each!  We painted the letters, plucked off the flowers off the greenery, and used hot glue.  It ended up being so simple and pretty!  My favorite decoration :)
Easy to make wreath!  And inexpensive! 

 During our craft day, we made the burlap banner - this was a cute idea to hang in front of our fireplace!  We have an open floor plan, so this was visible throughout the party!  So easy!! And I loved the clothes pins!
Mr. & Mrs. Welcome Banner!

This last minute addition was just for fun :)
We had this on the dessert table, along with a framed copy of the invite!

Finally, we had a game and a little activity before opening gifts.  The "recipe for a happy marriage" I bought some spoons and had everyone write some advice using sharpie.  Emily then read her "recipe" aloud.  It was fun and some of the mothers had some funny things to say with experience :).



Fun/Easy Game!
We also had a game "Points in Your Purse" which I made using Microsoft Word. It was fun and easy - and the winner won a bottle of red wine!!  If you want a copy of this game, email me and I'll send it to you!




For the favors we gave out Butterscotch Pretzel Chocolate Chip cookies which were SOO good!! I loved them way too much :). 
These are amazing - you should definitely try them!
It was a great shower, and super easy!

-DD

4 comments:

  1. This all looks so great! Your such a great friend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the game idea. Would you mind emailing to me?
    mrsjohnson15@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the best place for hosting wedding receptions, or other grand events. The venue can accommodate as many as 850 guests or as little as 50.
    Wedding venues

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love a copy of the game, what in your purse! I would appreciate it if you could e-mail it to me! With my thanks! Ruth@ruthmeyer549@me.com

    ReplyDelete