My qualifications for a perfect cookie are rich, thick and chewy! Here is my staple recipe because it makes a smaller portion, and is super delicious. I decided to try a "remix" of the same recipe.
|Seriously rich, thick, chewy! The best!|
2 cups + 1 tablespoon flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
11 tablespoons of butter, melted (and slightly cooled)
1 cup of brown sugar
1/2 cup of white sugar
1 egg yolk
2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
1 package of your favorite chocolate chips (about 2 cups)
You'll need to:
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. Line a 9x13 pan with foil, and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
3. Using your stand mixer, beat butter and sugars until well combined. Once combined, add the egg, egg yolk, and vanilla.
4. Mix the flour, salt, baking soda using a spatula. Do not over-mix, just until the ingredients are combined is perfect.
5. Fold in the chocolate chips and spoon the batter into your pan.
6. Bake for 25-27 minutes. Allow to cool to room temperature.
7. Once cool, cut into 2 inch squares and serve.