Thursday, November 15, 2012

Starbucks Pumpkin Bread

I love pumpkin bread from Starbucks - I'm pretty sure that is the only sweet on earth that I prefer over chocolate.

This easy recipe I made for my office Thanksgiving potluck.  I got several requests for the recipe :)


You'll Need:
1 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ginger
1/4 teaspoon allspice
1/2 teaspoon salt
4 eggs
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
3/4 cup of pumpkin puree  (you can add up to 1 1/4 cups if you LOVE the flavor of pumpkin, and prefer it to be less sweet)
3/4 cup of oil (I used vegetable oil, but canola works too!)


Step-by-step:
1.  Preheat oven to 350.  Butter/spray loaf pan (mine is 10x4)
2.  Combine flour, soda, powder, spices and salt in a bowl.  
3.  Using an electric mixer, beat the sugar, vanilla and eggs.  Add the pumpking and the oil - mix well.
4.  Add the dry ingredients until smooth. 
5. Pour into a prepared loaf pan.
6. Bake 55-60 minutes.  Let cool in pan for about 10 minutes, then turn onto a cooling rack.

Enjoy!

-DD


No comments:

Post a Comment