I love pumpkin bread from Starbucks - I'm pretty sure that is the only sweet on earth that I prefer over chocolate.
This easy recipe I made for my office Thanksgiving potluck. I got several requests for the recipe :)
1 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ginger
1/4 teaspoon allspice
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
3/4 cup of pumpkin puree (you can add up to 1 1/4 cups if you LOVE the flavor of pumpkin, and prefer it to be less sweet)
3/4 cup of oil (I used vegetable oil, but canola works too!)
1. Preheat oven to 350. Butter/spray loaf pan (mine is 10x4)
2. Combine flour, soda, powder, spices and salt in a bowl.
3. Using an electric mixer, beat the sugar, vanilla and eggs. Add the pumpking and the oil - mix well.
4. Add the dry ingredients until smooth.
5. Pour into a prepared loaf pan.
6. Bake 55-60 minutes. Let cool in pan for about 10 minutes, then turn onto a cooling rack.
- ▼ November (4)