Why no one has taken an already awesome 7 layer bar, and make it more awesome with Oreo's is beyond me. I was beside myself. I'm pretty sure this is how Edison felt after making the commercialized light bulb.
Yes, these bars are that awesome.
|Introducing: Oreo 7 layer bars!|
Package of Oreo cookies
1 stick of butter (melted)
14 oz can of Sweetened Condensed Milk
1 cup of white chocolate chips
1 cup of chocolate chips
1 cup of coconut
1 cup of chopped almonds (pecans or walnuts work too!)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Spray a 9x13 pan with cooking spray
3. Using a food processor, crush all the oreos to crumbs.
4. Combine the oreo crumbs with melted butter until all the crumbs are damp.
5. Press crumbs firmly into the bottom of prepared pan, creating the crust.
6. Pour sweetened condensed milk evenly over the oreo crumbs. Use a knife to spread evenly if needed.
7. Begin layering! Start with white chocolate chips, then layer the chocolate chips, following with the coconut, and last layer on the chopped nuts. Gently press down on the layers (you can use a large fork).
8. Bake for about 15 minutes.
9. Loosen the bars from the sides of the pan while still warm. Once completely cool, cut into bars. Serve at room temp.
10. Eat seconds. Or Thirds.