Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Cream Cheese Sausage Ball Remix!

I love sausage balls.   In December of 2011 I introduced them to my blog.  I don't know what took me so long - this recipe is so easy, I've been making them since college for any event I had to bring a recipe for a group!

My world was recently shocked when I was browsing Steph's Blog (Plain Chicken) and I saw she makes sausage balls with cream cheese.  I seriously love cream cheese, so much so, that somestimes I make chocolate chip cookies that add a bit of cream cheese



Hello, awesomeness!

So I decided to adapt my original recipe by adding some cream cheese.  The response I got was crazy.  Everyone at our New Year's Eve party was craving over the sausage balls!


You’ll Need:
1 pound of sausage (Jimmy Dean HOT)
Eight oz bag of shredded cheddar cheese
1.5 cups of bisquick 
4 oz (half a block) of cream cheese, softened

 
Step-by-step:
1. Leave sausage, cream cheese and cheddar cheese in a bowl until they get to room temperature (I usually leave them out 15 minutes or so)
2. Preheat oven at 390 (once the sausage and cheese are at room temp!)
3. Add in bisquick to the bowl 
4. Using an electric mixer, blend until fully mixed
5. Roll into small walnut sized balls and put on a greased cookie sheet
6. Bake for 15 minutes, or until fully cooked.  This may take longer on your oven!
7.  Serve Warm & Enjoy

-DD

No comments:

Post a Comment