You can either use a silicon tray of your favorite shapes, or just put them in a pan and then cut them (you can use cookie cutters if you want a cute shape). I did both.
2 cups of sugar
1 1/3 cups of applesauce, unsweetened
2 (3 oz) small boxes of your favorite Jello flavor
2 envelopes of unflavored gelatin
1 teaspoon of lemon juice
1. Spray a 9x13 pan with cooking spray (I used a smaller pan and put half in my hearts shaped silicon tray)
2. In a sauce pan, combine all ingredients and let stand for 1 minute
3. Bring to boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Boil for 2 minutes
4. Immediately pour into your prepared pan, or silicon trays
5. Allow to cool for 3 hours in fridge
6. Take gummy out of silicon tray, or cut out of pan
7. Using cookie cutters, or just a knife dipped in hot water cut the gum drops
8. Roll gum drops in extra sugar (optional - I skipped this step)
9. Store in airtight container!
Consume in 1 week!