Saturday, March 9, 2013

Homemade Fruity Gumdrops!

I'm usually not the biggest fan of gummy stuff - I'd rather have chocolate or fruit desserts.  But I was browsing around Hoosier Homemade when I saw homemade gumdrops and I was craving them instantly!


Perfect snack! 
These are simple, and absolutely delicious.  I normally don't like gummy snacks because they are too gummy - these were perfect and made the house smell so sweet!

You can either use a silicon tray of your favorite shapes, or just put them in a pan and then cut them (you can use cookie cutters if you want a cute shape).  I did both.

You'll need:
2 cups of sugar
1 1/3 cups of applesauce, unsweetened 
2 (3 oz) small boxes of your favorite Jello flavor
2 envelopes of unflavored gelatin 
1 teaspoon of lemon juice


Step-by-step:
1.  Spray a 9x13 pan with cooking spray  (I used a smaller pan and put half in my hearts shaped silicon tray)
2.  In a sauce pan, combine all ingredients and let stand for 1 minute
3.  Bring to boil over medium heat, stirring constantly.  Boil for 2 minutes
4.  Immediately pour into your prepared pan, or silicon trays
5.  Allow to cool for 3 hours in fridge
6.  Take gummy out of silicon tray, or cut out of pan
7.  Using cookie cutters, or just a knife dipped in hot water cut the gum drops
8.  Roll gum drops in extra sugar (optional - I skipped this step)
9.  Store in airtight container!

Consume in 1 week!

-DD

No comments:

Post a Comment