Sunday, March 3, 2013

Homemade Hummus

I loved hummus before it was cool.  No really, my grandma used to make hummus all the time as a child.  I remember eating it with crackers or carrots as snack.

Now hummus is a bit hit - and rightfully so - delicious and relatively healthy! 


Serve with carrots, pita bread, crackers or add 
to any sandwich for extra flavor!
Here is one of my favorite recipes!  I like this recipe because all the ingredients are staples in my house - and by that it means it doesn't have tahini.  I don't have anything against tahini, but it's not something we keep in our house. 

You'll need:
1 can of chickpeas/garbanzo beans (15 oz)  drained and rinsed
2 cloves of garlic, peeled and pressed
3 tablespoons of lemon juice
1/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon of cumin
sea salt - to taste
1/2 teaspoon of tony's cajun seasoning
1/4 teaspoon of paprika
1/4 teaspoon of chili powder
3 tablespoons of sundried tomatoes (optional, but very good!)
parsley, for garnish
paprika, for garnish 

Step-by-step:
1.  Pour all ingredients in blender - mix until very smooth
2.  Add any flavors to taste (I add tony's cajun seasoning because I like it to have a spicy kick)
3.  Put into dish and garnish with parsley, paprika.
4.  Serve with favorite crackers, pita bread, celery or carrots! 

Enjoy!
Domesticated Duchess

No comments:

Post a Comment