And seriously - this works.
Like most women, I wear makeup almost every day. We all make sure to clean our faces really well, but what about our brushes? Starting in college, I made a habit to clean my makeup brushes about once a week - mainly to prevent break-outs.
I used to buy my makeup brush cleaner from Mac Cosmetics, but at $14 it gets pricey - especially if you have multiple brushes.
1 cup of warm water (I microwave mine in a cup for 30 seconds)
1 tablespoon of dish-soap (I use Dove and Ivory because these are more gentle)
1 tablespoon of white vinegar
1. Make sure your water is warm enough
2. Mix in dish-soap and vinegar with a spoon and stir (bubbles form on top)
3. Dip each brush in the makeup bush cleaner and swirl around (for about 5-10 seconds)
4. Gently rinse out any extra using warm water
5. Form brushes and set to dry on towel overnight. Large brushes can take a long time to fully dry.
|That is gross... it looks like cafe latte.|