These delicious little bite-sized treats are generally served as an appetizer, but you can definitely eat them for breakfast too! I usually get about 65 with this recipe, so you may have a few left over :)
They are easy to make, and very delicious! We host an annual Christmas party every year, and these are always the first to go!
1 pound of sausage (Jimmy Dean is my fave and I generally buy the spicy!)
Eight oz bag of shredded cheddar cheese
1.5 cups of bisquick
Pepper (to taste.. I use a bit less than one teaspoon)
1. Leave sausage and cheddar cheese in a bowl until they get to room temperature (I usually leave them out 15 minutes or so)
2. Preheat oven at 350 (once the sausage and cheese are at room temp!)
3. Add in bisquick and pepper to the bowl
4. Using an electric mixer, blend until fully mixed
5. Roll into small walnut sized balls and put on a greased cookie sheet
6. Bake for 14 minutes, about halfway through move them with a spatula to prevent burning at the bottom (if you don’t do that it will be OK, but the bottom will be a bit crispy and flat… but it will still be delicious!)
7.Serve Warm & Enjoy
If you’d like to add a simple spicy sauce, add ¼ cup of may, and 2-3 tablespoons of spicy mustard. Mix together and serve with sausage balls!