Alas, the hubs like sugar and oatmeal cookies best (ie NO chocolate!! don't worry he has many other great qualities to make up for this). This is my first attempt at oatmeal cookies (without raisins, because I hate raisins... unless they are chocolate covered of course).
Thanks a lot to made-famous-by! My husband thanks you :)
- 1 Cup Shortening
- 1 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 Cup Brown Sugar
- 2 Well Beaten Eggs
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 ½ Cups Sifted White Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 3 Cups Quick Cooking Oats
1. Thoroughly cream shortening and sugars; add eggs and vanilla; beat well.
2. Sift dry ingredients and add to creamed mixture.
3. Add oats and mix well.
4. On wax paper shape the dough in the shape of a roll and then roll the dough up in the wax paper.
5. Chill thoroughly. (About an hour)
6. Slice ¼ inch thick and bake on an un-greased cookie sheet in a 350 degree oven for 8-10 minutes. Do not overbake!
This makes 30 BIG BIG cookies. They get even expand quite a bit when you bake them, so I ended up using 3 cookie trays
Well I have to admit, for not having chocolate these are really REALLY good. But next time I may just add 1 1/2 cups of chocolate chips.... then they'd be PERFECT :)