Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Easy Pepperoni Rolls!

My husband absolutely LOVES pepperoni rolls.  Sometimes, I will pack him a lunch and these are always a hit.  He actually declared these are better than Double Dave's (which was nice, but I disagree Double Dave’s has Domesticated Duchess beat when it comes to taste… but I beat them in calories and cost).  

These are great for an afternoon snack, an appetizer, party food, or lunch/dinner.  I love my pepperoni rolls with Ranch, the hubs prefers marinara sauce.  Ben has no preference, but alas he is a dog and can’t eat pepperoni rolls.

I made this version using the extra can of biscuits from my Monkey Bread recipe.  These were smaller biscuits then what the recipe calls for, so just imagine these as a miniature version. 

Anyway, here are the easiest pepperoni rolls in the whole wide world.

You’ll Need:

  • 1 Can of GRAND biscuits (it doesn’t have to be grand, just get the big ones)
  • 1 bag of mozzarella cheese
  • 1 pack of pepperoni (I buy the lower fat kind)
  • Marinara or Ranch to serve on the side

Step-by-step instructions:

1.     1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

2.    2. On a floured surface, roll out your pepperoni rolls so they are flat like a pancake

3.     3. Put cheese on the dough (as much as you’d like!)



4.     4. Put 5 pepperoni’s on top of the cheese

5.   5. Roll up and pinch ends – seal it up tight!

6.    6. Place all pepperoni rolls on lightly sprayed cookie sheet
7.     7. Cut 3 slits on the pepperoni rolls

8.     8. Cook for 14-17 minutes (varies on how much you stuff them… mine usually are perfect at 15) 

Domesticated Duchess 

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to try this one, I love pepperoni too. It will be good for our next family gathering for a good football game. It definitely will be a hit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made this last week for my boyfriend after reading your blog... they were so easy and yummy! Thanks! :-D

    ReplyDelete