My husband absolutely LOVES pepperoni rolls. Sometimes, I will pack him a lunch and these are always a hit. He actually declared these are better than Double Dave's (which was nice, but I disagree Double Dave’s has Domesticated Duchess beat when it comes to taste… but I beat them in calories and cost).
These are great for an afternoon snack, an appetizer, party food, or lunch/dinner. I love my pepperoni rolls with Ranch, the hubs prefers marinara sauce. Ben has no preference, but alas he is a dog and can’t eat pepperoni rolls.
I made this version using the extra can of biscuits from my Monkey Bread recipe. These were smaller biscuits then what the recipe calls for, so just imagine these as a miniature version.
Anyway, here are the easiest pepperoni rolls in the whole wide world.
- 1 Can of GRAND biscuits (it doesn’t have to be grand, just get the big ones)
- 1 bag of mozzarella cheese
- 1 pack of pepperoni (I buy the lower fat kind)
- Marinara or Ranch to serve on the side
1. 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. 2. On a floured surface, roll out your pepperoni rolls so they are flat like a pancake
3. 3. Put cheese on the dough (as much as you’d like!)
4. 4. Put 5 pepperoni’s on top of the cheese
5. 5. Roll up and pinch ends – seal it up tight!
6. 6. Place all pepperoni rolls on lightly sprayed cookie sheet
7. 7. Cut 3 slits on the pepperoni rolls
8. 8. Cook for 14-17 minutes (varies on how much you stuff them… mine usually are perfect at 15)