Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Ben’s Bakery: Dog Treats! Peanut Butter Pumpkin

My dog, Ben, happens to be a vegetarian. He doesn’t want to be a vegetarian, whenever I’m cooking meat he sits right next to me hoping for crumbs to fall.  We give Ben a few treats each day, but these are his favorite.  I don't make them all the time, but when I do he stalks them when they are cooling on the counter, and when we give him one he devours them.


Since a lot of dog treats have meat products, these are veggie friendly, and very healthy.  They are also a lot less expensive than buying treats at the store!  My mom has a golden retriever as well, and her dog loved them just as much as Ben! 



You’ll need
2 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
2 Eggs
½ cup canned pumpkin
2 tablespoons of peanut butter
½ teaspoon of salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon


Directions
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. Whisk together the eggs, pumpkin, peanut butter, salt, and cinnamon in bowl.


It almost looks like the fudge I made last week

3. Add flour in ½ cup increments.  
4. Add water as needed to help make the dough workable, but the dough should
be dry and stiff (I used 2 tablespoons of water).
5. Cut into ½ inch pieces (mine were a bit bigger because of my cookie cutters)
6. Bake for 40 minutes
7. Cool then give to all your Canine friends :)
Baked and delicious! I bought these cookie cutters for $1 each 


Remember to store in the fridge!!


-Ben (via Domesticate Duchess) 

2 comments:

  1. I totally just pinterested your recipe :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Recipe, Seems to be the largest selection of healthy and natural dog treat and many more.

    ReplyDelete