The two together make for one sweet treat! Although, I will be honest.. I prefer regular cheesecake, this is pretty good!!
1 package of Oreo cookies (I used double stuff)
4 tablespoons of butter
3, 8 oz packages of cream cheese (room temp)
3/4 cup of granulated sugar + 2 tablespoons
3/4 cup of sour cream (room temp)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 eggs (room temp)
1. Preheat oven to 325. Make sure 325 (once I did it more than 325, and it was not as delicious!). Line a 9x13 inch pan with foil and spray with cooking spray
2. Make the crust first: use 2 sleeves of oreos (about 28 cookies) until ground up very finely. Put into a bowl.
3. Melt your butter in the microwave. Mix the butter so the cookies are wet
4. Place the cookie-crumb mixture in a lined pan and press down using your fingers
5. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes (leave the oven on because you'll need to use it again in a bit)
6. With the remaining oreos, snap in half and put in food processor. Turn it off and on a few times (about 7 or 8 times, but very quickly). You want them to be roughly chopped.
7. In another large bowl, using your mixer beat the cream cheese and sugar until well blended. Beat in sour cream.
8. Add in vanilla and salt and continue beating.
9. Add in eggs, one at a time, beating well after each minute.
10. Stir in chopped oreos into the mix
11. Pour the cream cheese mixture over the cookie crust and bake for 40 minutes.
12. Chill at least 4-5 hours (best if overnight)
*Just a note, if you are a serious oreo lover, I would actually buy 2 packs of oreos, and then use an extra 7 or so for the crust, and an extra 7 or so for the cake. I'm sure you would be able to find a use for the rest of the oreos:)