Sunday, September 18, 2011

Sugar Cookie Cake Bars

As tailgate season officially has commenced, I strive to find food that is easy to eat at a tailgate. However, since we have a really large group of tailgaters I try to keep the snacks I make to something traditional that will be liked by all.


However, I was running very behind and didn't have a lot of time. I didn't have time to go to the store, so I found my recipe for sugar cookie cake bars! They are quick and easy.  These bars are not life-changing, but they are pretty good especially when you are in a time crunch and need to feed a LOT of people!

You'll need: 
2 sticks of butter
2 1/4 cups sugar
4 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
4 1/4 cups flour
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda

Step-by-step:
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Cream butter and sugar until fluffy. 


3. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing after each egg. Add vanilla & mix well.

4. In a separate bowl combine flour, salt & soda & stir with a whisk to combine. Add to wet mixture and mix just until combined.
5. Spread on a greased baking sheet... (I used parchment paper)



6. Bake for 15 min, until light golden brown or until a toothpick comes out clean. 
7. Cool completely and frost.


I frosted mine with Pillsbury (did I mention I was in a mega rush)  
Yummy!

You can also use food coloring for the frosting, if you want to make it for a special occasion (like orange for Halloween.. which is in just a few weeks!)

-Domesticated Duchess

No comments:

Post a Comment