Sunday, March 25, 2012

Easy Beer Bread

When I was in sixth grade I had braces.  They were horribly painful and I looked like a huge nerd. My mother would drive me to my appointments and would sit and read magazines and books in the waiting area while my family elected that I endured dental torture. 


All of it was worth it in the end.  Not because my teeth are no longer crooked, but because one day my mom discovered a 3 ingredient recipe for beer bread.  It's easy, and so delicious. No kneading. No yeast packets. Just yum.
Carbs Anonymous anyone?


You'll Need:
3 cups of self rising flour
3 tablespoons of sugar
1 beer at room temperature (12 oz)
Note:  If you don't have self rising flour, just use all purpose and add 1 1/4 teaspoons of baking powder and 1/4 teaspoon of salt for each cup of flour. These are the rising ingredients you need!


Step-by-step:
1. Pour dry ingredients in bowl
2. Add beer
3. Stir
4. Pour into a greased pan
5. Bake for about 55 minutes at 375, stopping with about 10-20 minutes left to brush melted butter to the top
apologizes on the blurry photo!


This bread is hard on top, but so warm and soft inside!



-Domesticated Duchess with a little help from Dr. Craft's office and my mum :)

No comments:

Post a Comment