Thursday, March 8, 2012

Ben's Bakery: Apple & Sweet Potato Puppy Treats

If you've read my blog you've probably read all about my little perfect golden retriever, Ben.   :)


My handsome pup is turning SIX! For his birthday I decided to make some more puppy treats since he has love the peanut butter pumpkin puppy treats ever so much, and are a regular stable in the Domesticated Duchess house!


isn't he the cutest? :)


You'll need:
1 large apple (any kind works)
3/4 cup of mashed sweet potato (avoid the kind in syrup and sugar!)
3 tablespoons of water
1/2 cup of cornmeal
2 cups of whole wheat flour


You'll need to
1. Preheat oven to 325
2. Peal apple and chop into tiny pieces or grate it!
3. Put sweet potato and water in mixer until smooth
4. Pour in apple chunks and blend
5. Add cornmeal and flour in slowly
6. Knead the dough a few times
7. Using a rolling pin, roll out and cut shapes
8. Bake for 35 minutes. 
9. Store in airtight container!

Stays fresh for about a week


-Domesticated D

2 comments:

  1. Hi Marina, just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
    http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by!! I'm following you now! Have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete