A dinner for two is nice because you don't get stuck with leftovers! It can be romantic or practical.
Katie, my best friend, and I decided to make a healthy dinner for two! We decided upon a three course meal:
- Simple salad with light Caesar dressing
- Teriyaki Marinated Pork Chops with fresh asparagus
- Skinny Peanut Butter Pie - thanks to Gina at skinny taste for the recipe!
The dessert is really not a dessert for two, but it is skinny and you will definitely want seconds because it is amazing and life changing.
Course 1: Salad
Grab some salad and pick your favorite light dressing (I love Ken's Steakhouse Dressings, light caesar is amazing!). Lightly toss. Add a sprinkle of croutons if desired.
Course 2: Teriyaki Marinated Pork Chops with Fresh Asparagus
1/3 cup of water
1/3 cup of lower sodium soy sauce
2 1/2 tablespoons of brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
1 clove of garlic, grated
1. Mix the water, soy sauce, brown sugar, cinnamon and garlic in a bowl.
2. Lay the pork chops flat in a small casserole dish. Pour teriyaki marinade all over pork chops.
3. Allow to marinate for at least 2 hours, and as long as overnight
4. Put pork chops and all sauce on skillet and cook for about 3-4 minutes on each side (depending on how thick) until fully cooked.
A bit of olive oil
Dash of sea salt and pepper
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Cut ends off of asparagus by bending them in half until they naturally break (this is best way to cut asparagus in half, according to Katie who is an expert cook!)
3. Drizzle olive oil over the asparagus and sprinkle sea salt and pepper to liking, toss
4. Cook for about 7 minutes if you prefer a crunch, 13 if you prefer a softer veggie
Course 3: Skinny Peanut Butter Pie
5 Tablespoons of lower fat cream cheese
1/2 cup of powdered sugar
1/3 cup of reduced fat peanut butter
8 oz of cool whipped dessert (light)
Graham cracker pie (or make your own!)
Drizzle with caramel sauce
1. Put cream cheese, peanut butter, and sugar and whipped dessert in a stand mixer until smooth.
2. Pour into graham cracker pie crust
3. Drizzle with caramel sauce
4. Cool for at least a few hours
5. Prepare to change your life forever
Hope you enjoy this Skinny three course meal!
-Domesticated Duchess & Katie :)