I was saving the recipe for a special occasion, and they were totally worth the wait! It was like an extraordinary, amazing sugar cookie.
|Cinnamon Roll Sugar Cookies!|
1 package of sugar cookie mix
1 stick of butter, softened to room temp
1/4 cup of flour
1 tablespoon of butter, melted
1/4 cup of sugar
1 tablespoon of cinnamon
For the frosting (optional - I skipped out because the cookies were so delicious without it!)
3/4 cup of powdered sugar
1 tablespoon of milk
1. In your stand mixer, blend cookie mix, softened butter, flour, and egg until dough forms.
2. On a floured surface, roll dough to about ¼-inch thickness.
3. Brush with melted butter
4. In a small bowl, mix together sugar and cinnamon. Spread evenly over dough.
5. Begin to roll up dough, starting at the long side. (if the dough tears, just pinch back together)
6. Cut dough in half.7. Wrap in plastic wrap and pop dough in the freezer for 30 minutes (until firm – not hard, too hard will cause breaking when you cut it).
8. Heat oven to 375F degrees.
9. Cover your baking sheet with parchment paper.
10. Take dough out of freezer and begin cutting into ¾-inch slices.
11. If dough tears a little as you cut it, just pinch it together a little with your fingers.
12. Place slices about 2 inches apart on cookie sheet.
13. Bake for 10 minutes
For the frosting (optional):1. In a small bowl, mix powdered sugar and milk until smooth (adding a tad more milk if necessary).
2. Drizzle over cooled cookies