In the invite for, the wedding shower it said to please have a ribbon with your gift. With that, I decide to make my gift something fun and special! The couple registered for some white towels on one of their gift registries. I took advantage and made this fun Wedding Shower Cake, made of towels!
It looks hard, but it's really not. My mom and I did it in about 30 minutes!
3 hand towels
About 20 safety Pins
Spatulas, Spoons, and other nick-nacks for decor!
1. Fold the bath towel in half, lengthwise. Make sure the ends are even.
2. Take the towel again, and fold it in half, lengthwise. (So you will fold the towel in half, then again in half). If you remember your kindergarden ways, this is hot dog ways rather than hamburger.
3. Repeat step 1 and 2 with the second bath towels. If you folded carefully, the ends should be the same.
4. Take the two towels, and put them together so it is a super long towel. Pin one of the folded bath towels with two safety pins on one side. Flip over and use two more pins.
5. Starting at one end, carefully roll the towels in one long roll. Roll as tightly as you can. Smooth out any wrinkles before you start to roll! If you have rolled this correctly, the top will be flat!
|top should be flat|
8. Here is the fun part! Take some of your utensils to "stake" in each layer. You will want to stick the utensil through the layer, and into the layer below. The most fragile layer is the middle layer as it is connecting two layers of the cake - I used two cooking utensils on the middle layers to make it sturdy. I used one utensil for the top. The rest of the utensils/nick-nacks you can just decorate with all over.
Other ideas include: wine stoppers, chip clips (they come in fun colors), wooden spoons, spatulas, even a gift card.
- Domesticated Duchess
Tip: The neater the folds, the better the cake will look!