Thursday, October 27, 2011

eDomestication! Invitations and Labels


I have really good computer skills.  Not to show off. It's true though. I make PowerPoint presentations that are presented to my company's leadership teams. I can make Excel sing (I do pivot tables and vlookups in my sleep.. not really that would be weird).  I can even dabble with HTML.  But using these ‘skills’ to enhance my domesticated-ism?  Hmmm....

I co-hosted a baby shower for my dear friend Jessica (click here to read about her gender reveal party!).  I knew I wanted to do something special for her favors that people would actually enjoy.  I put together cookie mix bags that would be tasty, simple and cute!

For each bag you need:
I bought 10 pounds of sugar, 10 pounds of brown sugar, 15 pounds of flour and 3 24 oz bags of chocolate chips!!!
  • 1 cup of flour + 1 tablespoon
  • 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon of salt
  • 1/3 cup of white sugar
  • 1/3 cup of brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup of chocolate chips
Please note, if you are making a lot of these, put some paper towels underneath because this was MESSY!

Now back to the computer skills.  I needed to make labels for these bags.  I didn’t want to handwrite the directions (I had to make 24 bags!), and I wanted them to be cute and feminine.  So I got to work and eDomestication was born.

I managed to make a zebra border after a lot of trial and error, then add the text in the middle.  I taped these onto the white bags and they were quite the hit!



After feeling so computer crafty, I wanted to kill two birds with one stone and make bachelorette party invitations for a party I am co-hosting with one of my best friends, Danni.  These were also a bit tricky to make, but here is what I made!





All I had to do is go to Office Max and get them printed on high quality paper! It was easy, and they look great! 

If you would like this sample invitation, or label just email me and I will send you the template!  All you need to do is change the text. And it's FREE :)

Signing Logging out,

-Domesticated Duchess

No comments:

Post a Comment