Saturday, October 8, 2011

Key Lime Pie

This post has gone viral!!  I would love for you to send it to a friend, or check out my recipe index full of other tasty recipes. Thanks y'all :)

With summer officially over, I realized I didn't get a chance to make one of my favorite summer treat - Key Lime Pie!  This is a copycat recipe from a favorite chain restaurant, Pappadeaux Seafood restaurant!  As a native of Florida this is the recipe my family grew up on.  I love the zing of key lime - another great recipe to bookmark for later are the Zesty Lemon Bars!

This is SO easy, and yet so wonderful!  If you don't have time to make a graham crust, you can just buy one that is already made, and skip steps 2 and 3!  

What You'll Need
For the Crust:
  • 1 1/4 cups of Graham Cracker Crumbs
  • 3 tablespoons of Sugar
  • 1/3 cup of butter

For the Filling:
  • 2 cans of sweetened condensed milk
  • 1/2 cup of sour cream
  • 3/4 cup key lime juice
  • 1 - 2 tablespoons grated lime zest


Step-by-step:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
2. Make the crust by combining the graham cracker crumbs and sugar, melt the butter and mix together
3. Press grainy combination against the bottom and sides of a pie dish
4. Grate the skin of a lime untl you have 1 - 2 tablespoons (depending on how "limey" you like it!)
5. In a medium bowl, combine condensed milk, sour cream, lime juice, and lime rind.
6. Mix well and pour into graham cracker crust.
7. Bake in preheated oven for about 8 minutes, until tiny pinhole bubbles burst on the surface of pie. Do not overcook or get even close to brown!
8. Chill pie thoroughly before serving
9. Garnish with whip cream and limes, or however desired!


I think this was my last way to hold onto summer!  

If you're looking for another pie recipe - I have two 'skinny' no bake pies that are delicious! Peanut Butter and Strawberry!  

-Domesticated Duchess

2 comments:

  1. that really looks good. I just got some of the lime juice from my mark down Aisle for a 1.00. Just need to get the sweetened condensed milk and then I will have everything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one of my favorite family recipes!! Please let me know if you like it or make any adjustments!!

    :)

    ReplyDelete