This easy appetizer is perfect for a party, and is very yummy! The best thing about it, is you can eat them more guilt free than your usually appetizer foods - like cream cheese poppers, or pepperoni bites.
I love party foods that is bite size, because it's less messy and people seem to enjoy them! Plus, if you're like me, I like to try a lot of different snacks at a party and this way you can do it guilt free!
|A delicious way to get your veggies in!|
2 packages of Phyllo cups (15 cups each) - these taste AWESOME and are low in calories
10 oz of chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
1/2 cup of shredded cheese (I used Muenster, but you can use Feta for a more authentic greek flavor)
1/4 cup of grated parmesan cheese
1 green onion (about 2 tablespoons)
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon softened cream cheese (optional)
1. Put the phyllo cups on a baking sheet and bake per box directions (usually 3-5 minutes at 350)
2. Once cooked remove from oven, and leave oven heat on.
3. In a medium bowl, mix spinach, muenster (or feta) cheese, parmesan cheese, green onion, and garlic powder. Mix together until well blended.
4. In each phyllo cup, put about 1 tablespoon of the spinach mix.
5. Bake for about 5 minutes (temperature is on the package, but usually 350).
6 Serve warm!
NOTE: Make sure to remove as much liquid as possible from the spinach before mixing in step 3. If it's too wet, the cups will get soggy and gross.
PS: If you're looking for other ideas for a healthy appetizer, you should try my Guacamole! So good, and guilt-free eating!