1 1/4 cup of firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 cup of shortening
3 tablesppons of milk
1 tablespoon of vanilla
1 3/4 cup of all purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 teaspoon of salt
chocolate-covered pretzels (the smaller the better)
Brown M&M's (for the eyes)
Red M&M's (for the nose)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees
2. Combine brown sugar, peanut butter, shortening, milk and vanilla in large bowl, and beat until well blended. Then add egg
3. Add in flour, baking soda and salt. Mix in until well blended
4. Form dough into 1 inch balls. To make reindeer-shaped cookies, pinch the bottom of the ball to form a point, then flatten the head with your hand.
5. Space cookies 2 inches apart on greased cookie sheet and bake for 8 minutes.
6. Remove from oven, and gently press two brown M&Ms for the eyes, one red one for the nose, and then the mini pretzels into the tops of the cookies for the antlers. NOTE: The antlers will fall off if you are not careful!! You want to make sure the entire cookies is on the plate, because it part of it is hanging off they will fall off
7. Allow to cool on baking sheet then transfer to wire rack.
Makes about 30 reindeer cookies!