Monday, December 19, 2011

Triple Chocolate Cookies

I really think I am a modern day cookie monster. I seriously love cookies.  Even as a child, I always sympathized with Cookie Monster. I mean all the man wanted is some cookies, and apparently cookies are hard to come by in Sesame Street. 


My office cafeteria makes some amazing cookies.  They are chewy, chocolatey and delicious.  Fortunately, they don't put the nutritional content on the cookie package or I probably would have to limit my cookie intake :).  


By the way, did anyone else know that Cookie Monster now likes eggplant and salad?  Sesame Street is just trying to push kids into eating healthy.  Kids aren't dumb. They know that Cookie Monster is pretending to like eggplant so he can just get cookies for dessert.  I mean, does anyone actually like eggplant unless it's smothered in cheese like eggplant parmesan?  Anyway... back to the cookies.


I have searched to try and replicate the delicious chocolate cookie from my office canteen.  They are my favorite because it's chocolate based with with both white and chocolate chips. This was my first attempt.. and it was a HUGE success!  


You'll need:

2 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 cup of cocoa
1 cup butter, room temp
1 cup white sugar
1 cup brown sugar
2 eggs, room temp
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1 1/4 cup of white chocolate chips
1 1/4 cup of chocolate chips (semi-sweet, dark, or milk.. whatever you fancy!)
*Note: You can add up to an extra 1/2 cup of chocolate.  I would split it 50/50, but you can load up on your fave!


Step-by-step:
1. Preheat oven to 375 and line baking sheets with baking mat or parchment sheet
2. In a bowl, sift flour, baking soda, and cocoa.  I generally skip sifting in a lot of recipes, but don't skip this step, because sifting the cocoa is very important to remove any lumps that cocoa has a tendency to have
3. Cream together butter and sugar until smooth.  Add in the eggs, one at a time, followed by mixing in the vanilla extract.
4. Slowly add in the dry ingredients, half cup at a time, until it is completely blended in
5.  Hand mix in the chocolate chips (it may be tough, since the dough is thick)
6.  Drop cookie dough on your sheets.  These cookies are "drop" cookies so they do not spread too much.  If you want them to be bigger, use the palm of your hand to flatten them a bit.  
7. Bake for 10 minutes.  Cool for 5, and move to baking sheet.
8. Serve and share with friends!


SOURCE: TwoPeasandTheirPod (slightly adapted by cookie monster, and by that I mean myself)



-Domesticated D

No comments:

Post a Comment