So, after doing some intense research I learned a few things:
- Do not use white chocolate chips, purchase white chocolate and chop it up. White chocolate chips taste are so sweet, they taste artificial.
- Let the butter get to room temperature by setting it out an hour or so early. If you melt the butter (i.e. put it in the microwave) the cookies will get too thin, which white macadamia nut cookies need to be thick
- You can use your favorite regular chocolate chip recipe to make a great white macadamia nut recipe!
- 1/2 stick of butter, softened (NOT melted)
- 6 tablespoons white sugar
- 6 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of vanilla
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons of flour
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 cup of white chocolate (if you really like white chocolate you can use an extra 1/4 cup without messing the consistency)
- 1 cup of white macadamia nuts
1. Take chocolate and chop it into bite-sized pieces
2. In a bowl beat the butter, sugar, vanilla until combined. Then beat in the egg
3. Add the salt, baking soda, and flour very slowly. Beat until smooth. Do not over beat!
4. Combine the chopped chocolate and the nuts into the bowl, and mix using a spoon. Make sure to fold through the bottom, so the chocolate and nuts are evenly distributed.
5. Roll 1 to 1 1/2 inch balls. Bake on 375 for 10-12 minutes. White chocolate burns fast! Keep a close eye on them!!
6. Let set five minutes before transferring to a cooling rack. This step is important, or the bottoms can burn
YUM! Makes 22-24 cookies! Or 16 BIG cookies!
Now where is the milk?