This is the easiest cheesecake recipe I've seen, and it's delicious! If you don't know what a sopapilla is, it is a classic Mexican dessert. Basically a fried dough baked in with cinnamon and sugar.
This recipe comes from my mother-in-law. She made this for a family reunion about a year and a half ago, and I'm finally getting around to making it again (with plenty of encouragement from the hubs)!
1 teaspoon of vanilla
1 1/2 cup + 1/2 cup of white sugar (divided)
1 stick of butter
1 teaspoon of cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 350*
2. Beat cream cheese with sugar and vanilla until smooth.
4. Spread the cream cheese mixture evenly
6. Stir remaining sugar and cinnamon together until even
7. Melt butter and pour evenly all over the top of the cheesecake.
8. Pour the sugar/cinnamon mix together over butter
10. Cool completely in pan before eating!
Makes about 16 servings.