I recently made some Lemon Bars, and the crust is basically a shortbread cookie. Ever since I ate the lemon bars I've been craving shortbread cookies.
This is a family recipe and it's very easy, but also very yummy! You can use this for a number of ways, but one of my favorites is to add some whipped topping and fruit! They are perfectly yummy with coffee and tea, or with a big glass of milk!
3/4 cup of superfine sugar + a pinch of sugar
1 teaspoon of vanilla
2 cups of flour
1. Mix ingredients in stand mixer.
2. Roll out dough using pin to about 1/8 inch thickness.
3. Use cookie cutters or cut however you'd like.
5. Bake for 10 minutes at 400 degrees on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper, or a slipmat. Keep an eye on the time because depending on the thickness and your oven it may need more or less time.
6. Cool on wire racks. I am pretty bad about doing this step, but if you don't transfer them they burn!