Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Super Simple Shortbread

Happy belated Valentine's day!! I had a great day with my husband, and he definitely made me feel like the most special wife in the world!  I hope you all had a great V-Day and got to spend it with people you care about most!


I recently made some Lemon Bars, and the crust is basically a shortbread cookie.  Ever since I ate the lemon bars I've been craving shortbread cookies.
This is a family recipe and it's very easy, but also very yummy!  You can use this for a number of ways, but one of my favorites is to add some whipped topping and fruit!  They are perfectly yummy with coffee and tea, or with a big glass of milk!


You'll need:
1 sticks of butter (softened, NOT melted)
3/4 cup of superfine sugar + a pinch of sugar
1 teaspoon of vanilla
2 cups of flour




Step-by-step:
1. Mix ingredients in stand mixer.
2. Roll out dough using pin to about 1/8 inch thickness. 
3. Use cookie cutters or cut however you'd like.
4. Sprinkle a bit of sugar on all the cookies
5. Bake for 10 minutes at 400 degrees on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper, or a slipmat.  Keep an eye on the time because depending on the thickness and your oven it may need more or less time.
6. Cool on wire racks.  I am pretty bad about doing this step, but if you don't transfer them they burn!


 -Domesticated Duchess

No comments:

Post a Comment